The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was enacted in 1996 to create industry standards ensuring that the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information (PHI) is preserved. Protected health information is any individually identifiable health information categorized by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) into 18 identifiers (i.e., name, address, biometrics, IP address, etc.). To secure PHI, healthcare organizations (covered entities) and the vendors that service them (business associates) must implement administrative, technical, and physical safeguards. However, HIPAA was created to apply to a wide variety of organizations; as such, HIPAA consulting services clarify which protections are “reasonable and appropriate” for your organization in line with HIPAA standards.
HIPAA Consulting with Compliancy Group
Compliancy Group was founded in 2005 by former HIPAA auditors; this expertise has allowed for a streamlined process for becoming HIPAA compliant. Through their many years of experience in the field, the founders realized that there were no HIPAA consulting services available for small-mid sized businesses. This gap in the market is now addressed by the experts at Compliancy Group.
Why Compliancy Group
Compliancy Group has the HIPAA process down to a science, with a simplified, efficient, HIPAA compliance process. Our HIPAA consulting services provide HIPAA-beholden entities all that they need to make their “good faith effort” towards HIPAA compliance. With Compliancy Group’s HIPAA consulting services, expert Compliance Coaches guide clients through HIPAA compliance.
Clients meet with Compliance Coaches in 30-minute virtual meetings where the Coaches provide clients with everything they need to cover the full regulation. Within the meetings, clients are instructed on how to utilize our proprietary web-based HIPAA compliance software, the Guard. The Guard stores all of the documentation that you need to prove your “good faith effort” towards compliance. Additionally, Coaches are always available to answer any questions that may come up in between meetings.
Compliancy Group’s HIPAA consulting services include:
- Self-audits: required to be completed annually, self-audits assess an organization’s administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to ensure that they are HIPAA compliant.
- Remediation plans: once self-audits are completed, gaps in safeguards are identified. Identified gaps are closed with remediation plans.
- Policies and procedures: define the proper use and disclosure of PHI. In addition, they dictate how employees should respond should they suspect a breach. Policies and procedures are reviewed annually to account for any changes in business processes.
- Business associate agreements (BAA): are required to be executed with all business associates. A BAA lists what protections must be in place protecting PHI, how PHI is permitted to be used and disclosed, and who is responsible for reporting a breach should one occur.
- Employee training: each year, employees will complete HIPAA training as required by law. Your organization’s policies and procedures are included in the training materials. Compliancy Group’s training is fully trackable, with each employee receiving unique login credentials. Within the training module, employees legally attest that they have read and understood all of the training material.
- Breach reporting: HIPAA requires employees to have the means to report a suspected breach anonymously. Compliancy Group’s HIPAA consulting services include this ability, along with incident investigation management and tracking.
- Audit response: in the event that you are subject to a HIPAA audit, our Audit Response TeamTM will provide you with all of the documentation necessary to prove your “good faith effort” towards HIPAA compliance. Over the years, we have supported our clients through several audits. No client has EVER failed an audit.
Verify Your HIPAA Compliance with Compliancy Group
Once you have completed our HIPAA implementation process, you are eligible to receive our HIPAA Seal of Compliance. The HIPAA Seal verifies and validates that you have gone through our process, and have everything in place to demonstrate your “good faith effort” towards HIPAA compliance.
The HIPAA Seal is available in three forms:
- A clickable Seal for your website: we provide you with a Seal to display on your website, that when clicked, redirects to our website where we validate and verify that you have gone through our process.
- A clickable Seal for your email signature: we provide you with a Seal for your email signature, that when clicked, redirects to our website where we validate and verify that you have gone through our process.
- A Seal decal for your window: we provide you with a Seal sticker decal to display in your office window.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is an excellent differentiator for your practice or firm. Patients and clients want to know that they can trust you with their sensitive information. The Seal of Compliance is a visual representation of just that.
HIPAA shouldn’t be done alone, that’s why Compliancy Group is the only HIPAA software with expert Compliance Coaches walking you through a streamlined compliance process. Built by former HIPAA auditors, Compliancy Group gives you confidence in your compliance plan to reduce risk, increase patient loyalty, and improve your practice.
Why Compliancy Group?
- HIPAA Audit Support, no client has ever failed an audit!
- Streamlined Security Risk Analysis
- Intuitive training for employees
- HIPAA Seal of Compliance
- Dedicated Compliance Coaches
Learn how to get HIPAA Verified and earn our Seal of Compliance today!