According to Podium’s website, they utilize the following security measures.
- Encryption of data in transit and at rest
- Security monitoring and logging
- Enterprise-class endpoint detection and response solutions
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Application security testing and scans
- Incident response
- Security awareness training
- Secure development lifecycle
To read more about Podium’s security measures, please click here.
Is Podium HIPAA Compliant: Business Associate Agreement
Under HIPAA, business associates are required to sign a business associate agreement (BAA) with their healthcare clients. A BAA is a legal document that dictates the security measures that the business associate must have in place securing PHI. It also requires each signing party to be responsible for maintaining their HIPAA compliance. Without a signed BAA, should either party experience a healthcare breach, both parties would be held liable for any HIPAA violations discovered during a HIPAA audit.
To read more about Podium’s business associate agreement, please click here.
Is Podium HIPAA Compliant?
Is Podium HIPAA compliant? Yes, provided that healthcare organizations have a signed BAA, and use it in a HIPAA compliant manner.