HIPAA Compliance Software Features
Different HIPAA compliance software vendors offer different features. Some vendors cover only bits and pieces of the regulation, such as HIPAA training and security risk assessments, but fail to offer a comprehensive HIPAA solution.
Each part of HIPAA is important, and to be HIPAA compliant, you must address the full regulation. Rather than using a vendor that only offers a piece of the puzzle, you’re better off choosing a vendor that can help with the complete picture. This way, you can ensure that you don’t miss a step, and you can take a glimpse of your compliance in one place, rather than multiple solutions that can leave your compliance lacking.
Using a HIPAA compliance software platform that allows you to meet every part of compliance is key to your HIPAA success. But what should you look for from your HIPAA compliance software vendor?
- HIPAA security risk assessments, gap identification, and remediation plans
- HIPAA privacy, security, and breach notification policies and procedures
- Trackable employee HIPAA and cybersecurity training
- Business associate agreements and vendor management
- Incident response and tracking