Business Associate Agreement
Even when a software provider has all of the required security features to be HIPAA compliant, if they are not willing to sign a business associate agreement, it cannot be considered HIPAA compliant. GoDaddy is willing to sign a business associate agreement with Business Premium or Premium Security Office 365 account holders.
To get your GoDaddy business associate agreement for GoDaddy HIPAA email, follow the steps below as provided by GoDaddy:
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Add-Ons in the upper-left corner.
- Next to HIPAA compliant email, select Get started.
- Select the check box next to I agree to the Office 365 HIPAA Business Associate Agreement.
- Enter your contact details. These are required by Microsoft so they can contact all customers in the very unlikely event of a data breach.
- Select Accept & send.
For more information on GoDaddy business associate agreements, please click here.
Is GoDaddy HIPAA Compliant?
Is GoDaddy HIPAA compliant? Yes, provided you have the proper security package and a signed business associate agreement.