However, once you assess the status of your organization’s compliance, the question becomes: how do you implement the necessary safeguards to protect your organization in the event of a HIPAA violation?
Attend our upcoming HIPAA Compliance Checklist webinar to get an unprecedented HIPAA advantage. Hear from our team of expert Compliance Coaches™ about the best way to handle HIPAA in your organization so you can get back to helping patients and clients.
Addressing Your HIPAA Compliance
Understanding your HIPAA requirements using Compliancy Group’s HIPAA compliance checklist is only the first step on your journey toward HIPAA compliance. The only way to effectively protect against data breaches and HIPAA violation fines is by implementing a HIPAA compliance program built for the needs of your business.
- Self-Audits – HIPAA requires you to conduct annual audits of your practice to assess Administrative, Technical, and Physical gaps in compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Security standards.
- Remediation Plans – Once you’ve identified gaps, you must implement remediation plans to reverse any potential HIPAA violations.
- Policies, Procedures, Employee Training – To avoid HIPAA violations in the future, you’ll need to develop Policies and Procedures corresponding to HIPAA regulatory standards. Annual staff training on these Policies and Procedures is also required.
- Documentation – Your practice must document efforts you take to become HIPAA compliant. This documentation is critical during a HIPAA investigation with HHS.
- Business Associate Management – You must document all vendors with whom you share PHI, and execute business associate agreements to ensure PHI is handled securely and mitigate liability.
Compliancy Group Can Help
Compliancy Group gives healthcare professionals confidence in their HIPAA compliance with The Guard™. The Guard is a web-based HIPAA compliance solution, built by former auditors to help simplify compliance.
Compliancy Group’s team of expert Compliance Coaches™ field questions and guide users through the implementation process, taking the stress out of managing compliance. The Guard is built to address the full extent of HIPAA regulation, including fully automated documentation of policies, procedures, employee training, remediation plans, and more.
With The Guard, healthcare professionals can focus on running their practice while keeping their patients’ data protected and secure.
Find out more about how Compliancy Group and the HIPAA Seal of Compliance™ can help simplify your HIPAA compliance today!